Lie down flat on your stomach with your legs straight and joined together. You can put your face in any direction. Rest your hands by the sides of your body with your palms facing down. Then, bring your hands and rest them beside your chest.
Then, put all your weight on your palm, lift your head and chest and try to see the roof of your room. Keep the lower body, from your waist to toe, straight. Your naval should be touching the floor. Breath should be as usual (Normal). Stay in this position for 10-15 seconds. You could do this for 3-5 times. You could rest for 10 seconds in between each rep. This is a cobra (Bhujangasana) pose.
- Regular practice prevents back pain, spondylitis, slipped discs, and other diseases.
- This is the best medicine for all kinds of gynecological problems. Therefore, it should be practiced every day.
- Individuals with narrow shoulders and body frames could be benefitted through regular practice.
- The muscles and nerves of the nape, neck, face, chest, back, waist and spine function better and stay healthy and active due to the pressure put on them. It also strengthens the back.
- It keeps the spine flexible.
- This is helpful for those who suffer from tonsilitis or a frequent tendency of cold.
- This is beneficial for patients with hypertension. The blood pressure increases for the adrenalin secretion due to excitement and/or anxiety. Regular practice of the pose helps to reduce blood pressure by regulating the function of the adrenal gland and making it active.
- Cobra pose has the same benefits as king cobra pose.
- Regular practice improves digestion and keeps the liver and spleen healthy.
- This is useful for back pain.